Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chapter 17: Dear Agony


The car ride home was quiet as Spikes drove back to the house, Kitty curled in the back seat the entire way.
Kitty walked behind them as they walked up to the front door, quickly pushing past the two siblings as soon as the door opened.

She completely ignored Spikes's hand reaching out for her.
Ignored Spikes calling out her name as she raced downstairs, slamming the door to her room shut.
Spikes sighed, beginning to run after Kitty only to be stopped by her brother grabbing her hand.

"What are you doing?"

Takado sighed, not fully understanding his own motivation.

"You can't help her Carissa." Takado sighed, his features softening as he looked at his sister.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Spikes barked, pulling her hand from Takado's.
"Just because you're my brother does not mean you can tell me whether or not I can help my best friend!"

"That's not what I meant Carissa." Takado sighed.
"This isn't a thing you can help. This isn't something anyone can help with really." 

"How would you know?"

"I lost my parents too, Carissa." Takado rest his hand on her shoulder. He brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.
"You were raised without them, and as painful as it must have been for you. It's a different pain entirely."

Spikes let her shoulders relax as she looked into her brother's eyes which were so far from her.
Eyes reflecting a horror and sadness she'd never known.


"I can try to talk to her though."

Spikes's eyes widened, a lump forming in her throat.

"Why?"

"I can understand her pain better than you could." Takado explained turning to walk down the stairs.
"And... I need to apologize."

"I feel like this will only end in someone bleeding." Spikes chuckled under her breath, grinning as Damon trotted to her side.
"And more than likely the blood will come from my idiot brother."
...


Takado didn't know how long he stood outside of Kitty's door, trying to think of what he was going to say before knocking on the door.

He wasn't sure why he even cared enough to bother.
Wasn't sure why the guilt left him with such a heavy feeling in his chest.
Or why his limbs felt like lead as he lifted his hand to knock, his heart racing and palms sweating.

For a moment he wondered if it was really just guilt or-

"What do you want, Tako?" Kitty hissed as the door swung open.

Takado froze, staring at his hand.
When had he knocked?

Kitty groaned loudly, turning to close the door.

"Wait." Takado stuck his foot in the door's path, earning a death glare from the petite feline before him.

"I've had a shitty enough night Takado, I don't need to deal with your crap on top of it, okay?"

"I'm sorry." Takado blurted out.

Kitty rolled her eyes, hand moving to close the door before his words registered. Her eyes widened as she turned to look at him.

"What?" Her fingers slipped from the door, allowing it to open further.

"I'm sorry about the way I've treated you, about your parents." Takado struggled not to stumble over his words as he spoke.
"I was an asshole."

Kitty eyed him suspiciously, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I lost my parents when I was thirteen. My mother died and my father..." Takado paused. Kitty watched cautiously as both anger and fear flashed though his eyes.
"My father doesn't matter."

He watched her as she eyed him with quiet curiosity. He ignored the impulse to tell her exactly what he'd meant, though he didn't understand why he'd want to.
He hadn't even told his own sister yet.


Kitty frowned, looking down at her feet as it became clear Takado wouldn't further explain.
Unsure of what to do with information he'd given her.

"But you need to get a handle on your emotions."

Kitty's eyes snapped to his, once again their usual stoic form.

"I can handle them just fine." Kitty muttered.
"It's none of your business anyways."

"No you don't. Your behavior earlier tonight made that clear." Takado frowned as the cat grew noticeably more irritable. 
"It's nothing to be ashamed of Kitty, but you have to admit you need help. It's not just yourself that you'll hurt in the end."

"What do you mean?"

"The people who hurt the most by your refusal to get help are those closest to you." He said sternly.
"I'm not saying any of this to be an ass. I'm saying this because I've already made those mistakes. I acted like a child instead of growing up and at least acknowledging I wasn't okay."

Takado sighed as he reached a hand out, resting it on her head.
"Just think about it."

He ran his hand down her hair, his fingertips lingering against her cheek. She nodded briefly and he dropped his hand to his side as he turned to walk down the hall.


Kitty sighed heavily as she closed the door and threw herself onto her bed beside Jinx.
She closed her eyes, breathing deeply as she tried to slow her racing heart.

There were a million questions on her mind.
Why had he bothered to talk to her?
What was he hiding?
Why could she still feel the warmth of his fingertips against her cheek?

Jinx mewled at Kitty as she tossed and turned on her bed.

"Don't give me that look. I can control my emotions." Kitty said softly.
"I'm trying the best I can Jinx."

Kitty rest her hand against the cheek Takado had touched.

"I'm scared... I don't want to be like her. I don't want to turn into Ashlee, but I don't know how to make it stop."

Jinx mewled again, moving closer to Kitty.

"Do you think the mistakes he said he made were him killing other people?" Kitty wondered out loud.
"Or was the mistake what got him killed?"

Kitty turned over in bed, reaching out her hand to turn off the light.
"Maybe I do need help."
...


"You?" Spikes questioned, raising her eyebrow at her best friend.

"Yes me." Kitty sighed with frustration.

"Seriously, you?" Takado unsuccessfully tried to hold his laughter.

"Yes damnit, what is so hard to believe about me getting a job?" Kitty whined. She shifted her weight, crossing her arms as she glared at both canines.

"The fact that just last month we had been talking about how you were too lazy to go to school, or start a business or do anything really." Spikes explained.
"I'm just worried about the sudden change of heart."

"It's just a small temporary job at a Halloween store." Kitty brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.
"I've been kinda bored at home while you go take care of bar stuff, so I thought I might try something new."

Her eyes darted to the side. Of course she knew she was lying. She was only trying to distract herself from the conversation she'd had with Takado several nights ago.
But Spikes didn't need to know that, no one did.

"Well it's nice to see you finally trying to leave your comfort zone and trying something new." Spikes stood up from her seat, wrapping her arms around Kitty.
"I'm proud of you. And hey you might even make some new friends!"


Kitty playfully pushed Spikes away, her gaze falling on Takado who remained seated and frowning at her.

"What's your problem now?" Kitty growled, her muscles tensing.

"Nothing." He responded calmly, eyes narrowing slightly.
"I just hope you're doing this for the reasons you claim."

Kitty glared at him, both intently staring into each other's eyes, waiting for the other to back down.

"Did I miss something here?" Spikes questioned, glancing between the two.
"Oh don't tell me. Are you two having a lover's quarrel?"

Kitty and Takado's eyes widened, faces flushed as they turned away from each other.

"Spikes that's completely disgusting. What makes you think I'd be attracted to a filthy mutt like him for even a second?" Kitty spat turning to walk away, missing Takado flinch slightly.
"Anyways I'm walking to work since my car is getting worked on. I'll see you later."

Kitty paused to hug Spikes, not bothering to so much as glance at Takado as she exited the living room.

Takado stood from his seat, nearly knocking down the chair. He turned to exit the living room, aiming for his room.

"Where do you think you're going?" Spikes questioned him, almost sounding maternal.

"Does it matter?" Takado growled, his patience continued to slip from him.


"Okay that's enough. What is going on with the two of you?" Spikes grabbed her brother's arm before he tried to pull away further.
"You've both been different since that night you talked to her. What did you say?"

"All I did was explain to her she needs to get a better handle on her emotions." Takado pulled his arm from his sister's grip.
"I may not like or particularly care about her, but I'm getting used to the fact that she's your best friend. I don't want to see her mess that up over some stupid temper problems."

"Is that it?" Spikes asked hesitantly, afraid of her brother's response.

Takado smiled softly, patting his sister's head.
"You're an idiot, and she's a cat. Nothing is happening there."

Spikes rolled her eyes, smiling as her brother's prejudice eased her concerns.

"Okay, well can you pick her up tonight?" Spikes asked, smiling sweetly up at her brother.

"Did you miss the part about not liking or really caring about her?" Takado almost whined as he spoke.
"Why don't you pick her up?"

"Because I have a date tonight." Spikes grinned, ignoring the suspicious look from her brother.

"With Xander?"

"Obviously." Spikes rolled her eyes at her brother. 
"He is my mate, and I'm still loyal."

Takado's eyes softened as he watched his sister's harden. He wanted to push, to be there for her, but he was starting realize she wasn't his baby sister anymore. 

She was nearly an adult, and he knew he needed to give her space.
Wait for her to approach him.

"Kado!" Her voice pierced through his fog, causing his eyes to lock with hers.

"What the hell... You haven't called me that since you were a pup." His voice was quiet.

"You weren't paying attention." Spikes crossed her arms over her chest.

"Will you please pick up Kitty? It's supposed to rain tonight."

"Fine Rissa, I'll pick up your cat." He laughed, dodging a right hook from her.
"You owe me though."

"She never finds out about that name, Asshole!"
... 


Takado sighed softly as he glanced down at the clock in his truck. He still had half an hour left before Kitty got out of work, which made the idea of going home to wait completely pointless.

So he drove around, waiting. His mind slowly drifting to where he would seldom let it go.
His life before he'd died. His life before he'd woken up to sapphire eyes.

His life when his rage had been out of control, and his baby sister had suffered the consequences.

He thought back on the first time he'd lost it. Snapping the necks of kids no older than eighteen, simply because they had picked on her. He thought he was right to defend her.
Thought it was right to punish those who hurt her as hew saw fit.

Only now was he beginning to see how wrong he had been.
The terrible example he'd set for his sister, and that allowing himself to act in such a way was exactly what had gotten him killed.

Takado snarled, punching his truck's steering wheel. He turned up the music's volume, trying to drown out his own thoughts.
Trying not to think of his failures, trying not to think about how Kitty was probably the reason his sister wasn't as bad as she could have been.

"Thank the gods." He muttered, glancing at the clock. He sped towards Kitty's work, towards anything to distract himself. 


Takado pulled into the parking lot, chuckling as he spotted Kitty talking to another female with red hair.

He shifted in his seat, about to pull his keys out of the truck and get out. He glanced up at her, worried of what she would think if he stepped out. He wasn't even her friend at this point.

He sighed, turning down the music and lightly honking the horn to get her attention.
He sighed louder when he was unsurprisingly met with her glare and the cold shoulder.

"Come on Kitty. Don't play this game." Takado grumbled, turning down his music and sticking his head out the window.

"I'm not some mutt that responds to a car horn!" He winced at her words. He growled lowly, opening his truck door and stepping outside.

He walked to where Kitty was standing as the other female walked away.
His mouth opening to speak as their eyes might, only to have Kitty turn on her heel and begin to walk away.

"Where are you going?" He grumbled, trotting after her.

"I'm going home. What are you doing here?"

"Carissa asked me to give you a ride. It's supposed to rain, and it's late." Takado explained.
"It's not safe, even for a demon as capable as yourself."

Kitty blushed slightly, keeping her eyes on the ground.

"You could have just let me walk. Spikes wouldn't know the difference." Kitty growled, her pace quickening.

"I would." His patience was wearing thin. Thunder clapped above them as cold drops of rain began to fall on them.
"Just let me give you a ride Kitty."

"No!" She screamed, breaking out into a run.
"I can get home myself. Leave me alone. "

Takado quickly grabbed her arm, pulling her back. He caught her wrist as she tried to take a swing at him with her free hand.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Takado snarled.
"I'm trying to be nice to you. Don't you see that reacting aggressively like this is part of the problem?"

"Save it for someone who gives a shit, Takado." Kitty hissed, struggling to pull herself from his grip.

"I'm trying to help you!"


"Don't fucking lie to me!" Kitty snarled, freeing herself from Takado's grip.
"You don't give a single fuck about me. You'd probably be happier if something did happen to me.
The entire time I've known you, your discontent with me has been painfully fucking clear. So why should I believe, that the heartless fucking monster before me would, for even a second, would care about what happens to me."

"I don't fucking care. Is that what you want?" Takado growled at her, taking a step closer.
"I just want to make sure my sister doesn't lose someone else she cares about again."

"Don't make me laugh!" Kitty hissed, laughter leaking through her words.
"You don't give a shit about her either! You are so self absorbed and that's what got you killed! It's your fault Spikes had to grow up almost completely alone. 
So stop trying to fix your fucking mistakes through me!"

Takado stared blankly at her, his knees hitting the ground as he stared at his hands.


"You're right..." Takado whispered, tears burning in his eyes.

"What?"

"You're fucking right, okay?" Takado screamed, tears slipping from his eyes despite himself.
"I'm a monster and I failed her. I failed and I'm trying to stop you from doing the same. Hoping that maybe this time I won't fail to protect her."

"Takado..."

"You don't understand. I'm her brother." Takado looked up at her, eyes filled with more raw emotion than she'd ever seen before.
"I was supposed to protect her, but I lost myself. All I had was anger and a desperation to keep us both alive.
I told myself that I became a monster to protect her, as if that justified it, but I really was just trying to satisfy myself."

Kitty flinched as Takado punched the concrete, leaving a considerable crack in it.

"She can't be alone again... It would kill her this time."

"I'm sorry..." Kitty whispered through the thunder. She stared at Takado as he sobbed at her feet, the man of stone kneeling broken before her.

Kitty dropped to her knees, wrapping her arms around him, paying no mind to the rain as it fell on them.
She gasped as his arms made their way around her waist, his body shaking from the tears that fell. He rest his forehead against her shoulder, his arms tightening around her.
Kitty lifted her hand, slowly running it throw his hair.
Slowly he stopped shaking, stopped crying, but he still held her steady in his arms.


"Takado... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She whimpered, tightening her hold on him.
"I was out of line. I shouldn't have-"

Takado shook his head slowly, lifting from her shoulder.
Kitty's eyes widened, her heart racing as Takado gently pressed his warm lips against her cold forehead.
...


"Are you excited about tonight yet?" Kitty asked, bouncing on her bed ad she watched Spikes inspect her outfit in the mirror.

Spikes didn't understand Kitty's last minute decision to throw a Halloween party, but she didn't plan on complaining.

"I guess so. It's nice to finally have an opportunity to wear the dress." She pulled on the dress's cloth, assuring that nothing would be seen that she didn't want.
"Speaking of which shouldn't you be getting dressed Kitty?"

Spikes laughed as her eyes widened and she jumped off of the bed.

"I completely forgot." Kitty whined, running about her room in an effort to locate everything she would be needing.
"Have you seen my tail?"

Spikes shook her head and Kitty groaned before turning and stepping into the bathroom.
Spikes sighed heavily, taking a seat on Kitty's bed.

She sighed heavily once again glancing at Kitty's mirror. Her dress was gorgeous, her make up perfect, and yet she still fear she wouldn't get the attention she craved from Xander.

"Spikes!" Kitty's voice abruptly derailed her train-of-thought.

"What's up?" Spikes asked looking up at her best friend, but pausing to inspect her outfit.
"Are those... cat ears?"

"Yeah, I'm a black cat. Get it?" Kitty winked, bursting into a fit of giggles at her own joke.
Spikes smiled, rolling her eyes at her best friend. Kitty's good moods had a habit of being infectious.

"Are you okay, Spikes?"


Spikes nodded slightly before shaking her head.
"I wonder... If Xander will even notice me in this dress."

"Oh no. We are not doing this tonight." Kitty stormed towards Spikes.
"You are hot as hell beautiful and if he doesn't 'notice' you, I will personally kick him in the balls."

"Are you two ready yet?" Takado's voice called out from the hall outside Kitty's door.

"I am giving your sister valuable life lessons here. Hold your horses Tako." Kitty responded, sticking her tongue out, despite knowing Takado wouldn't see her.

Spikes smiled at Kitty, relieved to see some of the tension finally leaving Kitty and Takado's rocky friendship.

"Let's go upstairs." Spikes stood up from the bed, gesturing for Kitty to follow.
"I'm sure everything will be fine."

Kitty skipped after Spikes, frowning as she nearly ran into Takado on the way out of her room.

"Are you a... grim reaper?" Spikes covered her mouth in an attempt to hold back her laughter.

Takado only frowned further, causing both girls to give in and laugh.

"Blame Kitty. You insisted I attend, and for whatever reason I let Kitty pick out my costume." Takado turned, glaring at Kitty despite the small smirk on his lips.


"Oh quit whining Tako. It's funny and you know it." Kitty retorted sticking her tongue out at him, which he reciprocated.

"What are you supposed to be anyways?" Takado questioned, his eyes falling on Kitty's outfit.

"I'm a cat." Kitty sighed heavily, wishing she could have found the tail for her outfit.

"I know you're a cat, Kitty." Takado rolled his eyes.
"I was asking what you're dressed up as."

Kitty and Spikes stared at him blankly for a moment before both girls burst into fits of laughter.

"I'm a cat, you idiot." Kitty laughed, gesturing to the cat ears atop her head.

"Oh." Takado's cheeks flushed slightly, making Kitty only laugh harder.

"Okay well I'm going to head up stairs. I'll see you two up there." Kitty wiped a tear from her cheek. She smiled at Takado, running her fingertips along his arm as she passed him.

"You doing okay, Sis?" Takado asked, taking his eyes off of Kitty's retreating form.

"Yeah, I just didn't sleep much last night." Spikes smiled shyly at him. Leaving out that Xander had caused her lack of sleep.

"I'm here if you need me, okay Carissa?" Takado smiled, patting her head before heading upstairs himself.

Spikes sighed heavily, rubbing her forearm. She took another minute to compose herself before following her brother and Kitty up the stairs.


"Damnit Mohawk guy! It is Halloween, no Add-eyeliner-to-my-usual-outfit Day." Spikes could hear Kitty complain as she entered the living room to find her talking to Xander.
"Even Tako of all people dressed up."

"Whatever Kitty. Not all of us want to play your immature little dress up game." Xander rolled his eyes. He glanced briefly back at Spikes as she heard the door close before turning his attention back to Kitty.

"Pull the stick out of your ass, Dude." Takado scoffed as he walked past the two of them.

"And here I thought Tako was the biggest pain in the ass." Kitty teased, earning herself another eye roll.
"You're so boring it's pathetic though."

"No what's pathetic is you-"

"Xander, enough." Spikes barked, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from Kitty.

Kitty smiled at Spikes, sticking her tongue out at Xander before stomping into the kitchen.


Xander sighed, turning to face Spikes. His eyes scanning her briefly before he grabbed her chin, pulling her lips to his.

"You look good." He said simply. He turned away from her, taking a seat on the living room couch.

Takado raised an eyebrow at his sister. His eyes softened as she shook her head and took a seat near Xander.
Takado sighed and followed Kitty into the kitchen.

"Tako, do you know where I put the sour gummy worms?" Kitty asked as he took a seat at the small island.

"Didn't you eat them all?" He chuckled watching the cat scurry about the kitchen.

"No I did not." Kitty stuck out her lower lip, hands on her hips.
"How dare you accuse me of such a thing without a spec of proof."

"Really?" Takado turned in his seat. He reached out, brushing his fingertips against the edge of her lips.

"Then what's this?"
Takado held up his finger, small specks of sugar on his fingertip.

"Okay so maybe I ate a few of them." Kitty's face flushed deep crimson.
"But I know I had more left!"

Takado laughed, deeply, making Kitty blush for a different reason entirely. His laughter was soon replaced by a frown as he glanced up at his sister sitting across from her boyfriend.

"You doing okay?" Kitty stepped closer, resting her hand against his shoulder. Takado's eyes widened, staring up at Kitty who smiled gently at him.


"I'm just worried about Carissa." Takado sighed, turning back to his sister.
"I just don't understand her relationship with Mohawk Guy."

Kitty giggled lightly, quickly recomposing herself and resting her hand over Takado's.

"Their relationship is weird. I want to to tell you it's different but it works. Anyone can tell by really looking at Spikes though, it doesn't work." Kitty sighed softly, her hand tightening on Takado's.
"I can see it slowly eating away at her."

"There has to be something I can do to help."

Kitty shook her head.
"This is something she has to learn how to do on her own. I know you want to take care of her, but she needs to learn to be able to handle this herself. 
Otherwise she'll just keep making the same mistakes."

Kitty let go of his hand at the sound of the doorbell, smiling back at him before running to answer the front door.


"Sabbith!" Kitty squeaked as she opened the front door, letting in the girl with mint green eyes and burning red hair.
"And you're Gabriel right?"

Kitty smiled nervously at Sabbith's friend. Sabbith linked her arm with Kitty's a wide grin on her face.

"Yes, and he's Frankenstein and I'm his monster." Sabbith winked at her.

"I love it." Kitty giggled.
"Please tell me you can guess what I am and Tako is just an idiot."

"You're a sexy black kitty-kat." Sabbith twirled Kitty around, both girls laughing.

"Come in guys! You have to meet Spikes, her idiot boyfriend, and Tako." Kitty grabbed hold of Sabbith's hand and pulled her into the living room.

"Spikes, this is the co-worker I was telling you about." Kitty exclaimed as she entered the living room.
"Her name is Sabbith and her friend is Gabriel."

Spikes stood up, smiling as she reached out to shake Sabbith's hand, ignoring the twinge of jealousy she felt.

"It's nice to meet you. Kitty has told me so much about you."

"Not as much as she's told me about you I'm sure." Sabbith laughed, pointing her attention back to Kitty.

"Sabbith is like us too, Spikes!" Kitty bounced with excitement.
"She said she's a kitsune, which is basically a glorified fox demon."

"Oh well that sounds cool." Spikes eyed Sabbith with interest before returning to her seat.

"Let's get this party started." Kitty cheered as she and Sabbith both ran off to turn on the radio.

...

"Come on Kitty, just one dance?" David slurred slightly as he trailed behind her.

"I already said no, David." Kitty glared at him.
"I cannot believe you drank. You're not even twenty one yet David."

"Lighten up and have some fun, Kitty." David laughed, still following her as she walked away from the party and into the kitchen.

She let out a small sigh and slammed into what felt like a wall.

"You alright, Kitty?" Takado asked, grabbing onto her forearm to keep her from falling over.

"I'm fine." Kitty's voice dripped with unintentional annoyance as she wiped her hands on her dress.
"Thank you though."


"Kitty shouldn't you be at the party you throw?" David laughed, almost running into Takado himself.
"Dance with me, please?"

Takado stood still blocking David's path. David glared up at him through blurred vision.

"Get out of my way." He slurred heavily.
"You're not her body guard."

"I am now. Leave her alone, David." Takado growled under his breath.
"You need to learn to respect her when she says no to you."

Takado growled, his posturing straightening as he stepped closer to David. He didn't understand it, but David pestering Kitty had pissed him off.

Kitty ran up behind Takado, lightly touching his elbow to pull him away when David turned around and walked back into the living room.
Kitty sighed with relief, dropping her hand back to her side.

"Thank you for that." Kitty smiled up at Takado.
"He's annoying enough normally, drunk David is even worse. Which he shouldn't even have been drinking."

Takado grinned, stepping closer to her and resting his hand against this side of her head.
"Call me if he gives you anymore trouble. I'll beat him up for you."

Kitty blushed lightly and nodded. Takado dropped his hand and turned back into the living room.


"Xander, why don't you come dance with me?" Takado overheard his sister as her boyfriend as he sat down.

"I'd rather not. I'm having plenty of fun watching you girls though." Xander said plainly, not turning to look at Spikes as he spoke.
"You know, if that's what bad luck looks like I would not mind it crossing my path for a night."

Takado and Spikes both turned their heads to see where he was looking.
Spikes's blood turned to ice as her eyes fell on Kitty.

"Are you fucking kidding me Xander?" Spikes snarled, startling Kitty.

"What's your problem Spikes?" Xander rolled his eyes.
"I'm allowed to look. I just can't touch."

"That's my best friend, Asshole!" Spikes screamed, forcing back tears. She didn't even feel angry at him, just anger towards herself for not being able to hold his attention.

"I was just fucking complimenting her. Your best friend is hot, get over it-" Xander stopped abruptly as Takado's fist collided with his face.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Xander snarled, standing up to face Takado.

"My problem is you need to learn how to treat my sister with some respect." Takado growled, his jade eyes beginning to glow.


"What is wrong with you people? I didn't do anything." Xander rolled his eyes, sighing as if he were on a level no one else understood.
"All I did was make a comment that Kitty is fuckable, that's my version of a compliment."

Takado punched him once more, sending him flying back against the couch.

Takado took a moment to even his breathing, calm down for a second.
Then he caught sight of Kitty walking up behind him, concern shinning in her sapphire eyes, and he saw red.

Takado grabbed Xander by the front of the shirt, lifting him in the air and punching him again.

"You don't think shit like that when you're in a committed relationship, let alone say it in front of the person you're supposed to be committed to." Takado snarled, dropping him on the couch.
"You shouldn't bother being with someone if you don't plan to fully commit to them."

"Do you want me to break up with her?" Xander's voice, completely void of emotion made Spikes flinch.

"That isn't my choice." Takado snarled.
"But if she still wants to be with you, you'd better start treating her right before I fucking kill you."

"I don't need to listen to this bullshit." Xander growled, side stepping Takado as he aimed for the door.
Takado turned around, ready to attack Xander, ready to make him hurt when a small hand grabbed hold of his.

He stopped, his jade eyes locking on her sapphire ones.


"She needs you."
Takado paused, looking up from Kitty towards his sister as she forced herself not to let her tears fall.

His shoulders relaxed as he walked over to his sister and pulled her into his arms. He stroked her hair, and Kitty rest her hand on Spikes shoulder.
Both trying to comfort her as she fought back her tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment